Dr. Víctor H. Muciño obtained his BSME from the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) in Mexico City in 1974 and his MSME and PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1977 and 1981 respectively. He has 5 years of industrial experience in Mexico and the USA and was a Professor at the National University of Mexico (UNAM) for four years prior to joining the MAE Department at WVU in 1985.
His areas of expertise are mechanical engineering design, dynamics of mechanical systems, advanced finite element analysis of mechanical and structural systems and international engineering education.
He has been Associate Chair of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in charge of ABET Accreditation for the past 15 years.
Dr. Muciño is the founder and Program Director of the Industrial Outreach Program in Mexico, which has been in operation for the past 25 years.
Associate Chair Duties
- Oversees the curricula for the mechanical and aerospace engineering programs.
- Oversees the graduate curricula for mechanical, aerospace and the materials science and engineering graduate programs.
- Administers the graduate admission process for the mechanical, the aerospace and for the materials science and engineering MS and PhD programs.
- Coordinates compliance with ABET Accreditation self-assessment and continuous improvement for the BSME and BSAE Programs.
- Is the designated Academic Advisor for all the MS and PhD students in the MAE Department.